Commercial real estate transactions can create new homes for families and businesses, and reshape neighborhoods. Ligris represents buyers, sellers, lenders and developers of real estate across Massachusetts.
Our commercial projects range from multi-family residential units to strip malls and larger scale commercial properties. We work closely with investors and developers and can assist clients in not only the acquisition and closing process but also in the leasing and/or development of the respective commercial property.
Our attorneys have been involved in numerous 1031 Tax Deferred Exchange transactions, and will work with clients and Qualified Intermediaries to facilitate anything from a small commercial exchange to larger, more complex exchanges involving multiple parcels.
Our attorneys have worked on condominium project developments and have represented developers in creating and selling condominium projects.
As part of our services, our attorneys will:
- Review agreements with real estate brokers/salespeople
- Negotiate and prepare the Offer to Purchase and/or Purchase and Sale Agreement
- Research and resolve any issues regarding property title
- Provide title insurance with appropriate endorsements and coverages
- Prepare deed(s) and other relevant transactional instruments
- Review and explain all closing documents
- Negotiate and prepare lease agreements
- Develop contracts and other documents necessary for property development
- Manage residential or commercial development transactions