No one can predict the future, but we can help prepare for the possibilities. Estate planning, family wealth transfer and healthcare decisions are among the most sensitive and personal legal matters a person may ever encounter. We take great care as we guide clients through a wide range of personal and estate planning decisions and prepare comprehensive estate planning documents to reflect our client’s most important wishes.
We work with individuals and families to create wills, revocable and irrevocable trusts, insurance trusts, family limited partnerships, and charitable trusts, as well as durable powers of attorney, healthcare proxies, and other essential estate planning documents. Our estate plans are designed to help our clients avoid problems related to probate, minimize estate taxes, and ensure their families are provided for in healthcare emergencies and other difficult times.
Our objective in all cases is to work closely with the client to select the most appropriate strategies to accomplish the desired goals. Once a plan is designed, we put into place the necessary documents with provisions and protections designed to maximize the effectiveness of our clients’ financial and healthcare decisions, particularly in the event of illness, death or other major life event.
As part of our services, our attorneys will:
- Recommend prudent trust and estate planning measures to protect clients’ interests and ensure the successful transfer of wealth
- Prepare wills, trusts, powers of attorney, healthcare proxies and other estate planning documents
- Assist personal representatives and trustees in distributing assets in accordance with the wishes of a decedent
- Serve as trustee and/or trust protector in administering our clients’ trust assets
- Provide asset protection planning
- Develop Special Needs Trusts