The landlord-tenant relationship is one of the most fundamental relationships for families and businesses, but can also be one of the most complex and contentious.
Our attorneys have represented clients in a wide variety of leasing issues related to both commercial and residential real estate. We have experience in landlord-tenant matters, including negotiations, documentation and eviction proceedings. We have represented some of Boston’s largest residential landlords in tenant matters.
In the commercial arena, we frequently represent landlords and tenants in negotiating office, retail or other commercial leasing arrangements, varying from simple one year commercial leases to complex multi-year leases with options and rights.
As part of our services, our attorneys will:
- Review and develop lease agreements
- Negotiate key lease terms on behalf of landlord or tenant
- Guide the eviction process in accordance with lease terms and local law
- Provide due diligence on zoning, permitting and other factors
- Negotiate subordination and nondisturbance agreements to protect tenants against the landlord’s lenders